Producing energy and fuel from biomass is a new approach to securing the world's energy and fuel supply for the future. To address this new market, the EU has created mandatory parameters for all EU member countries for the sustainable production and processing of biomass in the Renewable Energy Directive (RED) (EU-RL 2009/28 /EC). The ISCC is an advanced program and the first recognized certification system for biomass and bioenergy.
The International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) has been carefully developed, tested in a pilot phase and tested by European and German authorities. It is experience-based, efficient and effective and also covers social sustainability issues.
ISCC: the guarantee that your biofuels are truly sustainable
The objectives of the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification System (ISCC) are to establish an international, practically viable and transparent system for the certification of biomass and bioenergy. With proper certification, ISCC can:
- Contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Promote sustainable land use
- Promote traceability
- Protect natural biospheres
- Ensure social sustainability
Certification with the ISCC system helps producers meet their responsibilities and reduces the risk of harmful actions. It is also a reliable method that helps customers recognize the difference between sustainable and unsustainable biofuel offerings.
- You improve your company's reputation by demonstrating your company's commitment to producing and marketing sustainable home products
- Certification is not limited to certain types of biomass, but covers all relevant materials
- All kinds of sectors apply, including agricultural producers, processors, trade, industry, NGOs, associations, research institutes and authorities
- Companies get more certainty about the sustainability of their products, also for issues related to social sustainability
- The ISCC system will be applied in increasingly global markets, which in turn will facilitate trade in durable goods from both a consumer and manufacturer perspective.
In the feed, food and biochemical industries, the support provided by ASP for ISSC certifications offers a new alternative opportunity for producers, processors, retailers and brands to demonstrate their commitment to sustainably managing their supply chains.
ISCC certification facilitates domestic and international trade, opening the door to increased market potential, especiall for emerging economies in Africa with tight links to the EU market like Morocco.
Contact us today to find out how we can support your organization's biomass business.