PECB Certified ISO 14001 Foundation | Self-study training
Become acquainted with the best practices of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) based on ISO 14001
Why should you attend ?
The PECB Certified ISO 14001 Foundation training course presents the basic information on the concepts of environmental management and an overview of the ISO 14001 requirements. By participating in this training course, you will be able to understand the different aspects of an EMS, including the environmental policy, operational controls, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review, and continual improvement. The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 14001 Foundation” credential. An internationally recognized “PECB ISO 14001 Foundation” certificate validates your professional capabilities and demonstrates your ability to take part in an implementation project of an EMS based on ISO 14001
Who should attend ?
- Managers/consultants seeking to get acquainted with the basic concepts of environmental management
- Individuals aiming to transform their organizations into more sustainable and environmentally-conscious entities
- Individuals interested in getting acquainted with the main requirements of ISO 14001 for an environmental safety management system
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in environmental management
- Understand the basic environmental management concepts, definitions, and approaches
- Get acquainted with the ISO 14001 requirements for an environmental management system
- Develop a general understanding of how ISO 14001 requirements could be applied in an organization
The PECB Certified ISO 14001 Foundation exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of environmental management and environmental management systems
- Domain 2: ISO 14001 requirements for an environmental management system – Clauses 4 to 10
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Course type and price
- The courses in this webpage are PECB certified Self-study Courses.
- The course can be remotely accessed worldwide
- Certification fees are included in the price of the exam.
- A detailed course manual with practical examples is accessible throughout the training.
- If you fail the exam, you can retake it within 12 months at no additional cost.
- You register for an account at PECB website, before or after order to ASP
- Place order to ASP
- After receiving your bank order payment, you will have access to the course materials, in English unless otherwise specified, normally within a couple of working days
- You can remotely access or download the training materials with PECB Kate app.
- You can complete the self-study at home at your pace.
- The self-study and the initial exam are to complete within 4 months from access granted to the course materials.
- You can book an online exam at PECB website, for free with the exam code provided by PECB, normally within 4 months after your order to DQS HK.
- Well before the online exam, create exam profile at PECB website, download PECB Exams app and install it at your computer.
- The exam is open-book with duration for 3 hours.
- You can book an online exam retake, if required, at PECB website for free with the exam code provided by PECB, normally within 3 months after your initial exam.
Certificat et qualification
- After receiving an email from PECB with exam passing result, you can reply by email to PECB with request for a course certificate.
- If you have the required working experience and project experience specified in course brochure, you can further apply to PECB for the associated qualification.
- Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a Personnel Certification Body accredited by The International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17024 – Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.
- PECB is a full member of International Personnel Certification Association (IPC).
- ASP is a Training Partner authorized by PECB.
PECB certifying trainings provided by Africa Sustainable Performance are available to learners residing in Africa in any of the following countries:
- Egypt, Ethiopia, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Eritrea, Cabo Verde, Gambia, Republic of Congo, Morocco, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Gabon, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Rwanda, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Niger, Nigeria, Algeria Sierra Leone, Senegal, Seychelles , Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Chad and Central African Republic.