PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor | Self-study training
Master the Audit of Quality Management Systems (QMS) based on ISO 9001
Why should you attend?
The PECB ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training course enables you to develop the necessary competence to perform quality management system (QMS) audits by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques. This training course combines the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1, the recommendations of ISO 19011, and other good practices of auditing and integrates them into a comprehensive methodology which enables you to successfully plan, conduct, and close ISO 9001 conformity assessment audits. Apart from a theoretical basis, the training course also provides examples, exercises, and quizzes to help you practice the most important aspects of conformity assessment audits: interpretation of ISO 9001 requirements in the context of an audit, principles of auditing, application of audit methods, approaches to evidence collection and verification, leading an audit team, drafting nonconformity reports, and preparing the final audit report. The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” credential. An UKAS accredited and internationally recognized “PECB ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and demonstrates that you have the knowledge and skills to audit a QMS based on ISO 9001.
Who should attend ?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead QMS audits in behalf of certification bodies
- Professionals wishing to adopt PECB’s AMS2 Methodology for conducting audits
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the requirements of ISO 9001
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a QMS audit
- Professionals wanting to pursue a career in conformity assessment
Learning objectives ?
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a quality management system (QMS) based on ISO 9001
- Interpret the ISO 9001 requirements for a QMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the QMS conformity to ISO 9001 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO 9001 compliance audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO 9001 audit program
Examination - Duration: 3 heures
The “PECB Certified ISO 9001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 : Fundamental principles and concepts of a quality management system
- Domain 2 : Quality management system (QMS) requirements
- Domain 3 : Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 : Preparing an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 5 : Conducting an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 6 : Closing an ISO 9001 audit
- Domain 7 : Managing an ISO 9001 audit program
For specific information about exam type, languages available, and other details, please visit the List of PECB Exams and the Examination Rules and Policies.
Course type and price
- The courses in this webpage are PECB certified Self-study Courses.
- The course can be remotely accessed worldwide
- Certification fees are included in the price of the exam.
- A detailed course manual with practical examples is accessible throughout the training.
- If you fail the exam, you can retake it within 12 months at no additional cost.
- You register for an account at PECB website, before or after order to ASP
- Place order to ASP
- After receiving your bank order payment, you will have access to the course materials, in English unless otherwise specified, normally within a couple of working days
- You can remotely access or download the training materials with PECB Kate app.
- You can complete the self-study at home at your pace.
- The self-study and the initial exam are to complete within 4 months from access granted to the course materials.
- You can book an online exam at PECB website, for free with the exam code provided by PECB, normally within 4 months after your order to DQS HK.
- Well before the online exam, create exam profile at PECB website, download PECB Exams app and install it at your computer.
- The exam is open-book with duration for 3 hours.
- You can book an online exam retake, if required, at PECB website for free with the exam code provided by PECB, normally within 3 months after your initial exam.
Certificat et qualification
- After receiving an email from PECB with exam passing result, you can reply by email to PECB with request for a course certificate.
- If you have the required working experience and project experience specified in course brochure, you can further apply to PECB for the associated qualification.
- Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a Personnel Certification Body accredited by The International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17024 – Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons.
- PECB is a full member of International Personnel Certification Association (IPC).
- ASP is a Training Partner authorized by PECB.
PECB certifying trainings provided by Africa Sustainable Performance are available to learners residing in Africa in any of the following countries:
- Egypt, Ethiopia, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Eritrea, Cabo Verde, Gambia, Republic of Congo, Morocco, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Gabon, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Rwanda, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Niger, Nigeria, Algeria Sierra Leone, Senegal, Seychelles , Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Chad and Central African Republic.